Moving to a new office is an exciting step in your company’s evolution. However, the multi-faceted process can also be stressful. Whether you’re moving a small office team or a corporate office building, the key to an easy move is to stay organized. A detailed moving checklist will help you and your team remain diligent throughout the entire process.
Prepare for your commercial relocation with this moving checklist:
Before the Move
- Contact ABS for your moving estimate and book your moving day.
- Select a moving committee made of representatives from each department.
- Coordinate with your IT provider or team.
- Order moving boxes and supplies.
- Complete all change of address notifications.
- Post Office
- Vendors (coffee, vending machine, paper shredder, etc.)
- Insurance Carrier
- Notify utility services.
- Hire a signage vendor to plan and install new signs.
- Change locks and access codes at the new location.
- Confirm keys and/or ID keycards for the new building.
- Pack and clearly label all boxes. Donate and recycle as needed.
During the Move
- Don’t worry! ABS will take care of it from here.
- Complete a final walkthrough of your old office.
After the Move
- Unload and get settled.
- Collect all keys and/or ID keycards for the previous office location.
- Confirm that all items on your moving checklist are complete.
- Review final invoice.
- Let us know how we did here!